Privacy and Cookies
Effective Date of Current Policy: June 22, 2014
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two types of information from visitors of our website: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. If you purchase our products or services, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. This includes contact information such as your name, email address, and shipping address, as well as financial information such as a credit card number and its expiration date. We use the personally identifiable information that we collect for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we also will use this information to contact you. In addition, if you contact us by email through our website, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. We reserve the right to use your email address and any other personally identifiable information that you provide to us to respond to you and to send you marketing materials for our own products and services. [We will not share your information with outside parties who wish to market other products and services to you.]
If at any time you would like to change your personally identifiable information, or if you no longer wish to receive materials from us or would like your personal information removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you receive materials from us by email you can make use of the "opt out" provision in our communications.
Like most websites, our website may incorporate tracking technologies and cookies that allow us to track the actions of our website visitors. Tracking technologies and cookies are used to collect non-personally identifiable information, such as the name of your internet service provider, the IP address of the computer you are using, the type of browser software and operating system that you use, the date and time you access our website, the website address, if any, from which you linked directly to our website, the website address, if any, to which you travel from our website, your home page customization preferences and other similar traffic-related information. We may aggregate your information with similar data collected from other visitors to help us improve our website.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Generally, we will not disclose the personally identifiable information that we collect through your use of our website to unaffiliated third parties. We reserve the right, however, to provide such information to our employees, contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform certain services for us, including order fulfillment and website-related services such as web hosting, to improve website-related services and features, to perform maintenance services, and to distribute advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf. We also reserve the right (unless you opt out) to share information about you among companies affiliated with us to inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any unaffiliated third party except as described below:
- In order to administer or process a transaction, product or the services provided by us;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulation or legal process;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
- To help us improve our services to you, to engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, fulfillment, member service, member satisfaction surveys or other data collection activities relevant to our business.
- To protect the rights, property, safety and security of WGA and its employees, our website visitors, and/or the public.
- If we sell WGA or any part of its assets, or WGA enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your personal information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
Security & Information Retention
We employ security measures to protect your personal information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We encrypt many of our services using SSL. We will retain your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Right to Update or Revise Privacy Polic
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram and Twittier, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: